Yacht Skipper (Polish Yachting Association – PYA) course in Croatia
Intensive sailboat training and holiday atmosphere at the same time?
It is possible! We’d like to invite you for a one week Yacht Skipper Course in Croatia.
Polish Yachting Association Certificate of Competency is broadly recognized in the EU and allows to be a Skipper of Sailboats with Auxiliary Engine of a length of up to 18 m without geographical limitation.
During the course you’ll not only gain knowledge necessary to pass the exam. We’ll go through the training program as per Polish Yachting Association syllabus. In addition we’ll teach you maneuvering in narrow harbours, stern – in, bow – in and Mediterranean style berthing, alongside docking and anchoring. We’ll thoroughly teach all the maneuvers which might be useful during your independent cruise, especially in the Mediterranean. We’ll do our best, so that you’re no longer stressed while entering and leaving the harbour.
Prior to the course each of the participants will receive basic training materials as well as a comprehensive list of recommended literature. On the last day of the course there will be a theoretical and practical exam held.
Main attractions of the course:
- a very picturesque area
- maximum of eight participants on each boat
- accommodation on the yacht
- new, well – equipped sailboats, perfectly prepared for training
- experienced instructors
- spacious marina enabling stress-free maneuvering lessons: berthing: alongside, stern – in, bow – in with a wind from various directions; working on the mooring lines and springs; maneuvering sailboat under power in a closed quarters
- we teach maneuvers rarely practiced on the courses, like anchoring and mooring to a buoy
- possibility of a night passage
- Polish examination committee
- beautiful, sunny and dry weather most of the time
- delicious Croatian cuisine
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COURSE AND THE EXAM:
- 18 y.o. on the day of the exam
- 200 hours seatime in two independent cruises. In practice, if you have approximately 150 – 160 hours, you’ll be able to complete the missing seatime in the course of the training